Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a painless oval shaped lump two inches or more below…

I have a painless...

I have a painless oval shaped lump two inches or more below my anus. No itching, no blood. It is just there. It appeared suddenly. I only noticed it when I was in the shower. What could it be?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Excellent

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing.

8/12/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

How large is it?

Hard or soft?

Tender at all?

It is soft, not tender about the size of a pea.

OK

Doesn't sound like anything too serious--not cancer if that were your concern

Considering the location it's likely a totally benign inclusion cyst

These can sometimes go away on there own but if it's bothersome it can easily be removed under local anesthesia

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you. That was my concern.