Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I recently has a ct of the chest for lungs (and can't reach

Hi. I recently has a ct of the chest for lungs (and can't reach my dr. yet) but it also showed a minimal cardiomegaly with 4.2 cm aneurysm midportion of the ascending aorta. no medialstinal or hilar adenopathy. should I be running to my cadiologist asap. I have an appt. in 10 days with my regular dr. I got the results of the test from a patient portal and haven't spoken to any dr. yet. Elaine
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I have copd and a spot on the lung. but I have felt better lately; better than i felt in a long time. Lots of energy
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a gastic bypass in 2011 and just lost another 30 lbs. Gastro problems; have an appt. with a gasto. dr.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

I am glad you have been feeling better

I hope you have quit smoking.

you don't have to stress about this 4.2cm aneurysm of the aorta and minimal cardiomegally.

these can be watched and monitored.

you don't have to run to see your cardiologist

you can see them in 10 days. that is not a problem

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. I'm 66
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
stopped smoking 15 years ago
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the test also says a nodule of the lower rt. lobe of the lung increased in size from 10mm to 1.3 x1.5 cm. what do you think? is that very big?

that is good you stopped smoking

keep eating healthy and work on loosing weight.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

I would not stress on the aneurysm

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com