Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My sister in law has had a colostomy back for 2 months and…

Hi my sister in...

Hi my sister in law has had a colostomy back for 2 months and tonight she actually passed something that looks like it can be part of her intestines. Should we get her to the ER or does this happen? I can send a picture but it would let me attach it here.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

This tissue just came out of her 5 minutes ago. She was already in the hospital for an infection.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nurontin, Metformin, atferstatin, cynipral, effexor, Selena, clozipam she had a routine colonoscopy and they removed a polyp and perforated her colon. So she was in the ER 2 days later and they did emergency surgery. That was 2 months ago. She still has a colostomy bag so she hadn't pooped out of her rectum for 2 monthd

8/11/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please attach a picture of the mentioned thing by using a paper pin icon above this dialogue box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here it is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you get it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there

Yes, i got it. I am reviewing.

This looks like a dried mucous patch which is an old one probably and came out after sometime with clotted blood. It is nothing much to worry about. So relax.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so very much

My pleasure.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor