Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to the er tonight and had an abscess cut open on my…

Hi I went to...

Hi I went to the er tonight and had an abscess cut open on my upper buttox near my tail bone and drained. The Dr. Said it looks like a cyst. They did a culture for staph infection but I will not get the results for 3 days. I just laid down for bed and noticed one of my lymphnodes in my groin is swollen. Its on the same side as the cyst. I am also menstruating and am on bactram 2 a day and norco 7.5. Could this cause my lymphnodes to swell?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Always

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have taken air born 2 times a day for the pass two days.

8/10/2017
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Are they tender and painful to touch?

Fever?

Any other medical history?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it is not painful just swollen. No fever. I toom plan B one step 2 weeks ago tom. Thats the only thing diff. I have done recently.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Took *

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,such swollen lymph node can be associated with infected cyst.

And it'll resolve by it's own in few weeks.

You should start a multivitamin supplement to boost your immunity.

Also do warm compresses on affected area.

You should wear loose fitted cotton clothes to prevent any friction.

Apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream and Bacitracin ointment on it twice a day for few days.

Complete your antibiotic course.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Isnt bacitracin rx only? Also is it ok to do the air born as well?

Bacitracin ointment is available without a prescription.

Avoid air borne supplement.

Try other multivitamin supplement containing B complex.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor