Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I went to the er tonight and had an abscess cut open on my…

Hi I went to...

Hi I went to the er tonight and had an abscess cut open on my upper buttox near my tail bone and drained. The Dr. Said it looks like a cyst. They did a culture for staph infection but I will not get the results for 3 days. I just laid down for bed and noticed one of my lymphnodes in my groin is swollen. Its on the same side as the cyst. I am also menstruating and am on bactram 2 a day and norco 7.5. Could this cause my lymphnodes to swell?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

Always

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have taken air born 2 times a day for the pass two days.

8/10/2017
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Are they tender and painful to touch?

Fever?

Any other medical history?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

No it is not painful just swollen. No fever. I toom plan B one step 2 weeks ago tom. Thats the only thing diff. I have done recently.
Took *

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,such swollen lymph node can be associated with infected cyst.

And it'll resolve by it's own in few weeks.

You should start a multivitamin supplement to boost your immunity.

Also do warm compresses on affected area.

You should wear loose fitted cotton clothes to prevent any friction.

Apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream and Bacitracin ointment on it twice a day for few days.

Complete your antibiotic course.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Isnt bacitracin rx only? Also is it ok to do the air born as well?

Bacitracin ointment is available without a prescription.

Avoid air borne supplement.

Try other multivitamin supplement containing B complex.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor