Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] my poop comes out to soft and makes a mess…

Customer Question
Second opinion] my poop comes...
Second opinion] my poop comes out to soft and makes a mess when I wipeJA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?Customer: none of the above I take fiber pillsJA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?Customer: just vitamins I takeJA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?Customer: nothing I can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How many bowel movements do you have in a day? Since when do you have this type of stools? How old are you? Why did you start fiber pills?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

It is likely that you are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which can cause such a change in the consistency of stool. You should eat plenty of vegetables and fruits and make a diary of your daily diet and the consistency of stools and avoid foods that may be responsible for the soft stools. The cause is likely to be a component of your diet that is causing the soft stools. Instead of fiber pill, you should take a lot of vegetables and this will more natural and will produce good results.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.