Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My sister wwas married in Iran. She had colon cancer. They

Customer Question

My sister wwas married in Iran. She had colon cancer. They said that they had punctured her colon and she bled out from there. They say that once this is done there is nothing they can do to save the patient. Is this correct?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: No, This is trying to figure out if this is possible or if Iran in telling us a lie. We are here in PA. There is nothing we can do about her death in Iran.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My mother had lumps in her breast and so did I. But they were malignant. I have had a colonoscopy and it's all clear. My mother had a hysterectomy. My father had cancer from Agent Orange.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about the loss of your sister.

how old was she?

puncturing the colon can cause gas and infection to spread into the abdomen

and is a surgical emergency to get her into surgery as soon as possible to repair the puncture and clean out the abdomen and treat her with antibiotics.

they may not have had a surgeon who could have done the surgery right away to save her.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This was actually done in the OR. They were working on her there in Iran. She was on the table. The doc's said it was because of Ramadon. Which was later in the year and that it was because there were only interns in the hospital who could work on her.

I see.

I am sorry again for your sister.

do you have any other questions? i can help you answer?