Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Are there several different kinds of Shingles? Painful

Customer Question
Are there several different...

Are there several different kinds of Shingles?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Painful "pimples one at a time breaks out acrossed my upper abdomen apparently on a nerve so they itch and burn for 3 o4 days and after about 3 to five they gradually disappear. I am very serious about this matter. The pimple is hardly noticeable when they first come out and is very painful.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

To the touch. Also I can't stand my clothing rubbing on them. Exposure to the air. I can bearly touch them without flinching. I them hard to endure for about three days.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Lupus. I.m "allergic to the cold. Also have " Shogrens. I know that Swedish Dr's name is ***** ***** Avery dry mouth and mucus membranes.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

shingles is caused by varacella zoster virus which causes shingles

I am sorry your shingles is breaking out

you should see your doctor and get on a course of antiviral pills and creams like acyclovir which can help shorten the course of the shingles

neurontin can help decrease nerve pain as well from shingles.