Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has been lifting heavy things today and his voice…

Customer Question
My husband has been...

My husband has been lifting heavy things today and his voice has been raspy. We noticed blue veins very prominent across the front of his chest and almost like the left side of his run cage is raised up in same area?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?

Just today really. Also been having lower abdomen pain on left side as well. With swelling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He does drink

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old is he?

does he smoke?

it sounds like he may be short of breath

how much alcohol does he drink a day?

does he have any swelling of the veins in his neck? any swelling in his head?

He is 40, yes he smokes. 2-3 beers.. no swelling in neck or heaf
Head.
Will you be answering tomight

he should see a doctor right away or go to the ER and get a chest CT scan to check for pressure on his recurrent laryngeal nerve causing hoarseness of his voice and to check for pressure on his superior vena cava causing collateral venous circulation in his chest.

this is a rare condition which can cause this

but he should see a doctor right away and get a chest CT scan to check for this

does he have health insurance to be able to see a doctor to get a chest CT scan?

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com