Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am preparing for a colonoscopy with gavilite-g mixture. i…

Customer Question
I am preparing for...

I am preparing for a colonoscopy with gavilite-g mixture. i have already drank 7 8ounce glasses of it with very little reaction. i am supposed to drink another 8 glasses at 9pm, est. is this dangerous to keep drinking the mixture?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

This was prescribed by my gastro but i cannot reach hear at this time.i take no medications for heart, etc. the rest are run of the mill.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Terbinifine, serequel, sertraline, , lantanapros, and a medication for cholesteral, one of the common, i cannot remember the name right now i am so flustered and cannot find the container

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No--no blood pressure issues or anything like that

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

No, it is not dangerous to keep drinking the mixture in people that have not yet had a reaction to the initial intake. Some people respond quicker and some slower, but the absence of a reaction thus far is not an indicator of any difficulty or danger.

There are some people that have difficulty tolerating the preps, but that is usually manifested as nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain, but not as an absence of a reaction from the colon to the first portion of the prep. If you start developing nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain, then you may need to revisit continuing the prep, but there is no reason to be concerned about the fact that you have not yet had a reaction to the portion of the prep that you have already drunk.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.