Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

If under treatment for in three doses, each one week apart,

Customer Question

if under treatment for syphilis in three doses, each one week apart, can a dose be delayed for 2-3 days without affecting the treatment
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes i have and he has prescribed 3 doses of penicillin g benzathine, the first being administered this past friday with the next scheduled on next friday
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: my situation is that I have to go out of the country until friday evening and by the time I return, next friday, my doctors office will be closed and unavailable to administering 2nd dose
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 2 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

No problem with a few days delay--that won't affect the efficacy of the penicillin

Please let me know if you need any more information

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you