Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Our adult daughter has been diagnosed w/NPD2, determined by…

Customer Question
Our adult daughter has...

Our adult daughter has been diagnosed w/NPD2, determined by blood test w/your facility. If we were to travel to Mayo and meet w/a neurologist, might we find assistive information beyond what has been prescribed for her, i.e., Zavesca an annual appointment and nutrition--is there more that could help her? Please. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Her symptoms are increasing at a high rate, an annual appointment does not seem sufficient, according to the FDA, she can receive only half the original prescription, and half costs more than $1,000 a day. The test was a blood test.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She is/was otherwise a healthy, athletic young woman; she walked the 3-Day 60-Mile for five years.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what is your question?