Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have bloating stomach ,gas, and gain n lower abdomen, Mild…

Customer Question
I have bloating stomach...

I have bloating stomach ,gas, and gain n lower abdomen

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

Mild nausea More than a month

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Sometime it cramps and some time pain on left abdomen after meal

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
8/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have diarrhea/constipation, tenderness on abdomen, loss of appetite?

What are the investigations done?

26 female i hv abdomen tenderness and some time constipation.no invitations done so far

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Thank you

You are very welcome.

Your symptoms can be due to;

1) Meckel's diverticulitis

2) Irritable bowel syndrome

3) Chronic constipation.

Following investigations may be considered (if not done);

1) The complete blood count (CBC); altered in irritable bowel disease (in whom leukocytosis / high WBC count is the more frequent result).

2) Protein electrophoresis pattern may show alterations of both albumin and globulins (especially alpha-1 and gamma globulins) in IBS.

3) Thyroid function tests; a low thyroid may cause constipation.

4) A barium meal is a helpful study in the diagnosis of intestinal motility disorders.

5) Computed tomography (CT) and nuclear magnetic resonance examinations are also necessary.

6) Defecography

7) Scintigraphic study of the small bowel or colonic transit time is currently most preferred investigation for your symptoms. It shows the intestinal progression of the meal.

Following may help you;

1) Avoid

a) Cabbage

b) Beer

c) Legumes

d) Cheese

e) Beans

2) This may help;

a) Bismuth subsalicylate

b) Activated charcoal

c) Simethicone; (Maalox, Mylanta); Simethicone causes gas bubbles to break up.

d) Beano; contains an enzyme (alpha-galactosidase), which helps to breakdown certain complex carbohydrates.

All are available without prescription.

Avoid foods that appear to aggravate symptoms. These may include milk and dairy products, certain fruits or vegetables, whole grains, artificial sweeteners etc. But this is based on the personal observation for the aggravating food.

Discontinue the following if you do them;

1) gum chewing,

2) smoking,

3) drinking carbonated beverages, and

4) gulping food and liquids.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor