Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My baby have eczema but i neet to know what treatment will

Customer Question

my baby have eczema but i neet to know what treatment will do it
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: heven't seen one and also haven't taking anything yet for him to drink
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no hes good with anything
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your baby. Can i ask how old is your baby? Also do you have a picture of the rash which you can attach here? Lastly how long has he had this rash.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he'e 8 months
but sorry i haven't took the pictures of the rash yet
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He now has the rash 5 days straight and its going spread really fast

Well if you dont have pictures of the rash then i will asume that the rash is most likely to be allergic in nature. Given that the rash has been persistent for about 5 days, it can be due to a substance in his environment to which he is allergic to. Usually allergic rashes or even eczema would present as a red, raised rash which is usually itchy in nature. in case of eczema he may have flaking skin and dryness over the rash. In either of these cases OTC topical hydrocortisone cream 1% can be used in VERY SMALL amounts for a period of NO MORE than 3 days. Apart from that no other medication should be used WITHOUT your doctor actually taking a look at the rash.

Secondly if the area of the rash is more blistering in nature or is oozing fluid then it is likely to be an infectious rash and it should be evaluated AS SOON AS POSSIBLE by your doctor.

Given that you dont have pictures of the rash, it is very difficult for me to determine what this can be.

The appearance of the rash and its location can give me a better idea, we need to know where it started from and where it has spread to now and also what is it's nature meaning is it blistering, raised or blotchy and what is its color.

If you dont have pictures and the rash is spreading rapidly then IMMEDIATELY take him to the doctor, rashes which spread rapidly are likely to be due to an infectious disease and should be evaluated as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took him to the hospital and was told by this doctor that he has hand, foot and mouth disease because the rash on the body its not itchy but it painful for him. I wanted to give you a hint cause i needed a second opinion. If only i can give you the picture of the rash but when i get home then i will take the pic and send it over just to make sure.