Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My left calf is at 15 inches while my norrmal right calf is…

Customer Question
My left calf is...

My left calf is at 15 inches while my norrmal right calf is 11 inches, what can it be? what should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

3 BP meds, hydrocodone ,suma , and a few more but nothing new

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

NO

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have had a couple operations on the foot 1. after car accident in 1987, and a corrective one in 2015 for hammer toes and removal of calcium deposit? have always had slight swelling in foot since but this is swollen and all the way to knee, very painful.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
8/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 6 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Since when is the left calf size increased?

What are the investigations done?

i am a 60 yr old female, my primary had me get an apt, with podiatrist 2 wks, ago but it is not for another 10 days, I was at another dr. tues. swelling was worse then but has gotten much worse since then. nothing else has been done. except ice and elevation also took Toresimide I borrowed from roommate past 4 days.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

no that tenks i'll go to immediate care for that

You need two investigations earlier as swelling is worsening;

1) A colored doppler study; this is a specialized ultrasound which would show if there are incompetent veins. If you have increasing pain or redness, tenderness, apart from worsening swelling, you may go to urgent care or emergency room. A blood clot needs to be ruled out.

2) You may also need a CT scan for the ascertainment of the swelling.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you, ***** ***** the answer, being Sunday just don't want to go to ER

You are very welcome.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor