Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been experiencing a lot of pain in terms of peeing or…

Customer Question
I've been experiencing a...

I've been experiencing a lot of pain in terms of peeing or pooping. I feel bloated/gassy. Also, both my butt and vaginal area burn/itch a lot lately, especially when I go to the bathroom.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It's been on and off for the past couple of weeks. It's hard to say what makes it worse. I've been trying to include a lot of fiber in my diet. And I thought I had a urinary tract infection, but I don't experience most of the symptoms associated with that.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not particularly

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 9 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

do you eat spicy foods, drink alcohol, excessive caffeine? these can cause burning when you urinate and have bowel movement as well

are you able to improve your diet, cut out gluten, white flour, spicy foods, alcohol, sodas, fast foods and eat more protein, fruits and vegetables, nuts, eggs, fish, chicken?

are you drinking enough fluids?

I don't really eat much spicy food, or drink alcohol, but I do drink a small amount of caffeinated drinks. I am trying to cute out gluten and white flour. I'm vegan, so I don't eat poultry or meat, and I don't drink soda/eat fast food.
I drink a lot of water too

I see.

you may have to cut out milk and dairy which can help some with bloating.

do you sweat a lot in your gluteal and groin areas? this can lead to skin fungal infections and itchy skin

keep drinking lots of water.

I've already cut out dairy for several years now. And yes, I do sweat a lot in those areas. I feel like that's one of the main reasons why I have these issues, but I'm not sure if there's a way to control the sweating.

sweating a lot in your private areas can increase your risks for skin fungal infection which can irritate your skin and cause itchiness

you should use corn starch baby powder in areas where you sweat to dry the skin and prevent infections

and use antifungal powders and spray as well to help fight fungal infection on the skin

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician