Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I JUST GOT BACK MY BLOOD WORK VITAMINB12 LEVEL,

Customer Question
I JUST GOT BACK...

I JUST GOT BACK MY BLOOD WORK VITAMINB12 LEVEL

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

B12LEVEL>2000 . NO I AM A DIABETIC,NEUROPATHY AND MY BONES HURT REALLY BAD, TIRED AND FEEL LIKE CRAB

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

ALSO ALONG TIME WHEN I WAS IN MY THIRTY I HAD A DOC THOUGHT I HAD LUPAS,

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What is your exact question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just got my blood work back my vitaminB12 level>2000, I m a diabetic, neuropathy,bones hurt bad?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
could you just give me a ideal of maybe what it is? i'm curious now. I go to my regular doctor on the 30th of aug
Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hi and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I'm Dr Ted Manos M.D. and I can respond. If your B 12 level is 2000 picograms per ml that is elevated. What does that mean? Certain cancers are associated with elevated levels of B 12. You'll need to follow up with your doctor. This has been known for some time but I've not seen patients with cancers being tested for B 12 levels.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT KINDS OF CANCERS
Mostly blood cancers like leukemia. Also noncancer like polycythemia which is too many normal red blood cells.