Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am sitting from sinusitis although i can breathe, Loss of…

Customer Question
I am sitting from...

I am sitting from sinusitis although i can breathe

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Loss of appetite head ache body weekness

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Its been for two weeks. On prednasone and antibiotics. Have tried everything on nassl sprsys allergy medication

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have lymphedema in my left leg

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

OK

I understand the situation, your sinus infection is not clearing up despite treatment apparently.

What is your question for us exactly?

Also, have you had a CT scan of the sinuses/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not suitable for surgery.
I just do t know what to do for relief.
I wish there was a pill to take for the head ache. Like I said I am not congested just pain and pressure

What does the CT scan show?

We can not offer treatment here.

What antibiotic did you have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It shjows the I have a deviated septum.
Zithromax

OK

So technically you are a candidate for surgery.

The first think I suggest is a consult for an ear nose and throat specialist, and if that has been done, a second opinion.

Also: zithromax is no longer an appropriate antibiotic for sinusitis that is bacterial. There is too much resistence to the strep bacteria, which is one of the bacterial that can affect it.

Augmentin is the antibiotic of choice, and if penicillan allergic, and antibiotic such as doxycicline.

Finally, your doctors need to make sure this is infection, and not another process such as allergy, or autoimmune disease.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You are welcome anytime.

Please click a 5 rating manually at the top of the page...or I am not credited fully. You have to do this for us to get paid as well.

Thanks

Find me anytime.