Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I was wondering if I should come to the ER? Not yet. But

Customer Question
I was wondering if I...
I was wondering if I should come to the ER?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not yet. But have my own Dr and yearly check ups. Take warfarin and Duloxetine 6omg a day and hctz 25 mg a day. Also Asmanex and rescue inhaler for mild as asma
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: morphine and demoral
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My INR was 4. On Wednesday, I take it for May Thurner syndrome. Have huge bruise on inside of right forearm. Had no injury but it is spreading and swelling up. Started gradually and now is enlarging rapidly. Took no warfarin We'd and cut back 1 mg a week by Dr order
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Do you have a picture of this bruise that I could view?

Just to be sure, your last INR was 4.0 on Wed? And you are now on 1mg a week of it?

No it was held 1day then cut by .5 on Mon and Thurs take 7.5 for 2 days and 8 mg for 5 days

If the bruise is getting larger then it means that your INR is higher. So the only options I can see is for you to go to a urgent care or an ER and have the INR repeated. I certainly would be taking just half doses for now until we know what the INR is. It would be uncommon for the bruise to expand if the INR had normalized to below 3.

Thank you, ***** ***** visit the ER to check things out.

Crossing my fingers that everything is alright.

You can close this answer by clicking on the rating button above.

Please let me know if I can still help you out with any further questions on this topic.

Can I still help you with this situation? Any further questions for me that I may answer?

Please let me know if you have any other questions I may answer for you.

Otherwise, you can end this conversation by clicking on the Rating button.

Hi there, please let me know if I can still help you with this or if you have any further questions. If not, please click on the "Rating" button. Thank you for letting me help you with this issue.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD