Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My heart beat per minute is 129 is this normal? Yes, my

Customer Question

my heart beat per minute is 129 is this normal?
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Yes, my family has rheumatic fever, but my health for the past week has changed due to the situation i am in
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: High blood pressure and sugar
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your high heart rate. Now this heart rate is NOT normal however it wont be considered as being very abnormal as long as you dont have symptoms then i would not be worried about this heart rate at all. The symptoms which would warrant for you to be seen in the ER or urgent care and get an EKG done would include,

• Palpitations
  • Chest pain
  • Shortness of breath
  • Sweating
  • Dizziness
  • Lightheadedness
  • Weakness or numbness in the limbs
  • blurring of vision
  • Headache
  • Pain in the left arm or jaw

If you do have these symptoms then IMMEDIATELY proceed to the ER and get an EKG done. Now a heart rate of 129 can also be due to simple benign conditions such as dehydration, electrolyte imbalances both of whom can be corrected with simple increased intake of plainw ater and electrolyte rich fluids like gatorade. It can also be high because of strenous exercises, physical activity, stress, anxiety etc.

So basically this heart rate would not be very concerning IF you dont have symptoms and if you do then get it evaluated immediately.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/