Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I took 2 Zantac 150 and 2 excederine tension at the same…

Customer Question
I took 2 Zantac...

I took 2 Zantac 150 and 2 excederine tension at the same time on an empty stomach. I fell dizzy and have a fever of 99.1. And just finished eating. I this from mixing the meds?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Penicillin allergic; Zantac daily

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am in cosentex

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, your symptoms most likely are due to you taking these medications like this

you should take excedrine after meals

you should drink more water and fluids

your fever is a low grade fever and may not be a fever at all

if you were eating hot foods and took your temp after a meal, the mouth can be hot from just eating.

even with an ear thermometer, 99.1 is not too worrisome for fever