Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm not "too" worried, but in the last 3 months, everytime I…

Customer Question
I'm not "too" worried...

I'm not "too" worried, but in the last 3 months, everytime I bare down to urinate I "poop". Just a little, but it happens "EVERYTIME".

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Everytime I bare down to urinate I "poop". Not much, buyt it happens everytime. NO BLOOD, Normal color. etc.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Very good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No..not really. Nothing involving my GI or bladder. However, I do have a tendency to have an overactive bladder sometimes.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

what is your age

gender?

DR. RUSS,
I'M FEMALE 57 YEARS OLD
CAN'T AFFORD A PHONE CALL.
I WROTE THE DESCRIPTION OF MY EMBARRASSING PHYSICAL PROBLEM ABOVE.

Why do you bear down to urinate?

Doesn't everyone have to bare down or "push" to urinate?

No.

This would indicated a problem with the bladder.

There is something wrong anatomically and you might have a chronically full bladder, pushing on the rectum and causing the problem you describe.

There are other possibilities as well. Rectocele for example.

You should see a urologist for testing.

Ask your doctor for a referral.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.