Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Ongoing, significant pain on left side, just love my waist.

Customer Question
Ongoing, significant pain on...

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Several months. Always just out of bed. Gets less during the day, but always tender there

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Gall bladder, appendix removed. Hysterectomy. Both hips replaced. Otherwise healthy. No diabetes. 68 ears old.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

I'm sorry you are having chronic abdominal pain. There are several reasons for this type of pain, diverticulosis (mildly inflamed out pockets in the large bowel), muscle strain and sprain (possible mattress problem). You did not mention any change in your bowel habits (constipation/loose stool) so I will assume there is none. May I suggest you visit your PCP for initial evaluation of your abdomen (possible x-ray/CT/MRI) and depending on the result a possible visit to a Gastroenterologist. If muscle, then NSAID such as Aleve or Advil. If diverticular disease, then diet change to eliminate nuts, seeds, corn...will help.

Have I addressed all of your concerns? I hope so.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Any additional thoughts, questions?