Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My right hand felt a little numb last night and this morning…

Customer Question
My right hand felt...

My right hand felt a little numb last night and this morning the right side of my mouth feels the same way. Should I go to urgent care since it is Saturday and my doctor is not in.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No to both

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of.. I am 69 years old.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 1 year ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Yes you need to get to an urgent care center right away to be evaluated for this

While this might be from a disk problem in your neck, this sounds more like transient ischemic attacks--threatened strokes

If it is a case of TIA's immediate evaluation and treatment can prevent a full-blown stroke

Please let me know if you need any more information