Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can you take AMOX TR-K CLV 875-125MG for strep, Swollen

Customer Question
Can you take AMOX...

Can you take AMOX TR-K CLV 875-125MG for strep

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Swollen tonsils, body ache and fever

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

2 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Frequent throat infections, tonsillitis, otherwise nothing else

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/5/2017
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions including infections, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing frequent throat infections and tonsillitis and you have enquired whether the above mentioned antibiotic can be used to treat this condition. As a neurologist I very frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Yes you can certainly try AMOX TR-K CLV 875-125MG for bacterial throat infections, tonsillitis including strep infections (It is a combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanate and it is also called as Augmentin)

In fact it is one of the commonest antibiotics used for this purpose and it is very effective in treating these types of throat and tonsil infections

The dose is usually 1 tablet twice daily, and you may try to take it for at least about 7 days, and the usual course is about 7 to 10 days

While taking this antibiotic you may also take some over the counter probiotic preparation that contains lactobacillus and this can help in countering any gastrointestinal side effects of this antibiotic

Once again to your main question, yes you can certainly use this antibiotic for the above mentioned type of infection and in fact it is one of the commonest antibiotics used for these kinds of infections and it can help you in getting rid of this infection.

Wishing & reassuring you a quick & complete recovery! And also Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, have you received the answer I have posted above, and have you had a chance to go through the above answer?

Once again, please see the antibiotic you have mentioned above certainly can be used to treat various bacterial throat and tonsillar infections including streptococcal infections too, and it can certainly help you for this purpose.

Do you have any additional questions? Do you want to discuss this further? Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Hi, please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please do not forget to take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you.

If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD