Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How are you, dull ache in left testicle checked for lump no…

Customer Question
Hey, how are you ...

Hey, how are you

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Dull ache in left testicle checked for lump no issue, but been getting ache in left leg and lower back

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling when i sit down my back ache

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Since when is ache in left leg and lower back?

Were you investigated for it?

It seems that you are offline, so I am writing you the answer. You may ask follow up questions once you are online.

Chronic testes pain is usually related to noninflammatory conditions but chronic infections also should be considered. Because the testes arise embryologically in close proximity to the kidneys, pain arising in the kidneys or retroperitoneum may also be referred to the testes. So an abdominal ultrasound, intravenous pyelography and a CT scan of the abdomen also should be done to evaluate testicular pain.

A urine and sperm culture for pyogenic organisms and mycobacterium should be done. This should be able to point towards the chronic infection and give the guidelines for the further management.

Following other causes to be considered for the pain are;

1) Recurrent torsion

2) Torsion or inflammation of the appendix of the testes

3) Infectious epididymitis

4) Noninfectious epididymitis; occur due to reflux of urine through the ejaculatory ducts and vas into the epididymis, producing a "chemical" inflammation

5) Referred pain - the genitofemoral, ilioinguinal, or posterior scrotal nerves CAN CAUSE REFERRED PAIN. Other causes of referred pain are abdominal aortic aneurysm, ureteric stone, lower lumbar or sacral nerve root impingement, retrocecal appendicitis, retroperitoneal tumor, and postherniorrhaphy pain.

Your back pain and pain in left leg too can be due to pinched nerves in back.

This can be due to;

1) Herniated/degenerated disc in back

2) Lumbar spondylosis; bone spurs in the back vertebrae pressing on the nerves.

Following investigations would be required;

1) X-ray of the lower back

2) MRI of the spine

3) Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) study

4) Electromyography (EMG).

Mainstay of the treatment is physical therapy.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.