Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

11 years ago I was in a car wreck that was pretty bad. I was…

Customer Question
Good Afternoon, 11 years...

Good Afternoon, 11 years ago I was in a car wreck that was pretty bad. I was told that the Brachial Plexus in my left shoulder was torn and my left arm is immobile but my fingers can move and I do have very bad pain

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

In my knuckles of my left hand. I want to know what vitamins, etc. I can take to help the nerves to heal?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. And there is no swelling just bad pain and of course calcium build up in my shoulder.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/4/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have injury of your brachial plexus.

you can take B complex vitamins and magnesium which can help your nerves work better.

you can also look into medical marijuana in your state which can help decrease nerve pain

medications like neurontin (gabapentin) or lyrica to help decrease nerve pain.