Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My left leg below the knee hurts in my calf and is swelling…

Customer Question
My left leg below...

My left leg below the knee hurts in my calf and is swelling below my knee and feels like a bad cramp since Wednesday

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?

Walking and swelling below the knee

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had surgery for a heal spur a few years ago the same leg and sprained the same foot 1 year ago real bad

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/4/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Go to the emergency room right now.

What you describe is a blood clot in the leg until proven otherwise.

They will do a special ultrasound to see.

If you just leave it and it is a clot, it can break off and go to the lung, and that can become life threatening.

Do not wait on this at all.

Ok, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.