DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My left leg below the knee hurts in my calf and is swelling

Customer Question

My left leg below the knee hurts in my calf and is swelling below my knee and feels like a bad cramp since Wednesday
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: walking and swelling below the knee
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had surgery for a heal spur a few years ago the same leg and sprained the same foot 1 year ago real bad
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 months ago.

Go to the emergency room right now.

What you describe is a blood clot in the leg until proven otherwise.

They will do a special ultrasound to see.

If you just leave it and it is a clot, it can break off and go to the lung, and that can become life threatening.

Do not wait on this at all.

Ok, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.