Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to ask you something. Last week I ate some

Customer Question
Hi I would like...

Hi I would like to ask you something. Last week I ate some fried fish and ever since that I have this pain and my right rib cage. Plus there is so much noise in my belly Like after I eat like bubbling noise

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It's like a pressure. I'm 30 yrs old and never felt it before.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No No other medical historu

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/4/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now there are several conditions which can cause this sort of problem. The first one which comes to mind is that you could have developed inflammation in the lining of the stomach which is known as gastritis. This would be treated with the help of simple OTC medications like OTC prilosec which can be used ina dose of 10 mg twice daily. Another cause of this could be associated with the gallbladder, sometimes the gallbladder issues can be triggered by eating certain foods. This would be diagnosed on a simple clinical examination along with simple abdominal ultrasound or even a HIDA scan which can diagnose gallbladder issues. This would then be treated with various medications and in severe cases with surgery.

Now i think the likely cause is associated with the stomach and increased acidity in the stomach which is also causing mild gallbladder related issues, try the OTC prilosec and see if that helps and also start to use OTC probiotics like culturelle which can help in maintaining intestinal health. If you develop tenderness in the abdomen then you should have this immediately evaluated by visiting your doctor.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Thank you very much for the answer. I am going to see a doctor next week. I also want to ask you about same pain in my back.

Where does the pain in the back occur? upper back or lower back? Or does the same pain radiate to the back?

It's the same pain like under my rib but it's in the back
It's like in the middle of my back on both sides

Then i would consider the gallbladder as the primary cause or even the pancreas which can cause pain to radiate to the back.

But at the same time that pain can also be due to a muscle spasm in the area which can be corrected with the help[ of simple increased intake of water, intake of electrolyte rich fluids like gatorade and even OTC tyelnol which can resolve the symptoms in most cases. if that does not work then you can consider using OTC muscle relaxants like flexeril or tinazidine.

Thank you very much for your answer.

You're welcome, do remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above your screen as that is how we are compensated for helping you today. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!