Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a5mm stone right kidney and recently had a severe uti

Customer Question

I have a5mm stone right kidney and recently had a severe uti where my urine sample was dark red with blood..two days in I wake up with swollen hands and feet...xrays..it's not blocking my kidney..ra and uric acid trst normal..there is joint pain too...what can it be? Symptoms are getting worse
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: Blood test
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: High blood pressure..high cholesterol..underactive thyroid..meds for all
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you had this stone and blockage of your kidneys.

dark red urine can be from severe dehydration and lack of kidney urine flow and rhabdomyolysis break down of proteins in your blood from not enough fluids and kidney flow.

you need to drink much much more water and urinate more frequently to help flush out the kidney stone and help hydrate your kidneys.

how old are you?

are you on antibiotics now for the infection in your urine?