Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

With venous stasis dermatitis, what kind of doctor do you…

Customer Question
With venous stasis dermatitis, what...
With venous stasis dermatitis, what kind of doctor do you see? How can you make it go away? Will losing weight help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/4/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Well in case of venous stasis dermatitis, the treatment would be undertaken by two doctors primarily. These would include a vascular surgeon who will treat the venous insufficiency that you are suffering from, this could involve treatment with the help of compression stockings or intermittent pneumatic compression stockings or even surgery of various types, while the dermatitis would be treated by a dermatologist. Usually treating the underlying venous insufficiency would be enough to take care of the dermatitis as well. YES losing weight would help especially if you are markedly overweight but at the same time the underlying venous issue should also be dealt with as well.

Compression therapy as i mentioned above along with Combination therapy with autologous platelet-rich plasma and light-emitting diodes shows some promise in the treatment of refractory stasis and i would suggest that you discuss these options with the vascular surgeon as well as the dermatologist.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.