Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had shoulder surgery 12/27/16 for 2 labrum tears and a…

Customer Question
I had shoulder surgery...

I had shoulder surgery 12/27/16 for 2 labrum tears and a rotator cuff tear. I did nothing to cause the damage, just bad luck and some Drs think that I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome. I have still had pain & passed out multiple times from Low BP (POTS). My new MRI shows, 1. Acromion type 2 w/minimal lateral downsloping. Mild acromioclavicular capsular hypertrophy.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Have you been feeling dizzy or lightheaded?

2. I saw my general MD last week for a UTI. I see a pain specialist & a Headache specialist @ OHSU often. Frequent migraines, fusions C5-6, L 4-5, etc (I am 45)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

New small non-distracted tear caudal aspect post. inf. quadrant labrum.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
There is more on the MRI report.
2. Very focal articular surface tendonosis versus narrow ill-defined partial thickness tear posterior aspect supraspinatus tendon
3. Mild subpcapsular tendinitis
4. mild. acromioclavicular degenerative change
The PA did NOT sound optimistic when he finally called me. I am waiting BC/BS clearance to go in & get a cortisone injection & to talk about the OBVIOUS INJURIES! I'd like to be better informed before I go. I am an RN and studied as much as possible but just don't understand it all. It sounded from the PA that I'm looking at another (PAINFUL) surgery. I am afraid that it sounds like I will require some artificial parts if not an entire shoulder replacement.
ANY help understanding would be great.
I can send the before MRI report from last year as well as the OP report & this MRI if it would help. I just don't know how. I can send photos to a phone number?
Amy
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I just came online and saw your question unanswered for long.

Are all of your shoulder movements painful and restricted?

What is your pain severity?

Please post your MRI reports here.

My pain scale at rest is usually 3. During some motions, most motions a 6-7. I'll try to add the newest MRI here. Thank you so much.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

How many days of physical therapy and deep electrotherapy were done post surgery?

Were your symptoms before the surgery got resolved initially?

When did the pain and restriction of the movements reappear?

Family Physician, Doctor