Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have what I believe are hives on only my hands and feet…

Customer Question
Hi I have what...

Hi I have what I believe are hives on only my hands and feet they itch, hurt and my feet and hands are stiff I don't remember anything specific occurring to cause this I did feel sick this week and I do take a lot of medicines on a daily basis ... I just took Benadryl and I guess I should wait 24/48 hours and as long as it doesn't spread not worry?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not that I know of I don't have any allergies

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Take ... victoza, phentermine, Wellbutrin, metformin, invokana, liothyronine, topamax, temazepam, nexium I think that's it...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/4/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Do you have red rashes on hands & feet?

Since how many days these symptoms?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Age 31, yes looks like mix of rash and hives on just my hands and feet and I just noticed the symptoms within last 24 hours

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of hives,itching on your hands & feet since last 24 hours is most likely suggestive of skin disease known as urticaria.

A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & itchy.

As you have already taken tab.benadryl,yes,you need to wait for 24-48 hours to show its effect.

Also apply cream containing 1 % hydrocortisone.If the area is large then apply Calamine lotion. This will further subside the symptoms. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms of rashes/itching persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh