Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a bakers cyst for over a week now when will it go…

Customer Question
I have a bakers...

I have a bakers cyst for over a week now when will it go away

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Lots of pain in back of knee can't bend leg back of knee is swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No injuries right at this moment I have ice on it but lot of pain can't bend my leg fully

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I sometimes get gout

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/4/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

History of arthritis?

Is it tender,warm to touch?

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

I can't bend my leg can't sit 45 male

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,you shouldn't ignore your symptoms and you should see your doctor for treatment including fluid draining, physical therapy, or corticosteroid medication.

It'll not go away by it's own in your case.

Common causes of a baker's cyst include damage to the knee’s cartilage so your doctor determine that you have damage to the cartilage and further surgical intervention should be done.

In the meantime take OTC Motrin.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.