Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am female and have HSV2 genital and my male partner does…

Customer Question
I am female and have...
I am female and have HSV2 genital and my male partner does not. He performed oral sex on me at a time that I did not think I was having an outbreak. It's been over a week but today he noticed a very tiny fissure on the corner of his mouth. We are both worried I passed HSV2 to him orally. Adding on to that, we are scared that if he has oral HSV2 that he could now pass it onto his children through kissing, drinking, eating after them etc. I can’t find any information online about passing HSV2 oral to oral. Are there statistics on this?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/4/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Firstly your male partner should get tested.

HSV 2 IgG

Usually IgG antibodies are usually detectable at 4-12 weeks after exposure.

Probably HSV 2 virus don't thrive well in oral areas and chances are that he may not have HSV 2.

Also shedding of HSV-2 from the mouth is extremely low.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

I want to assume the worst and say he does have HSV2 orally and has an outbreak, is it capable of transmission by kissing, drinking & eat after?

The odds of transmission are very low.