Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

For over a year I have been experiencing pain and bloating

Customer Question

For over a year I have been experiencing pain and bloating in my abdominal area. Last year I went to more doctors than I think I had ever been to in the previous 5 years. I was throughly checked by the OB/GYN and underwent ultrasounds, etc. I also had a barium enima where nothing was found. The pain just keeps getting worse and I recently saw on TV that there is a recall for mesh that was used during hernia surgery. I had an abdominal hernia several years ago and I'm wondering if the pain could be associated with that?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: For about a year. Nothing really triggers the pain. Over time it has just gotten worse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Do you have increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen?