Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

Is it possible to have a false negative on a pregnancy test

Customer Question

Is it possible to have a false negative on a pregnancy test 30,32,36, and 37 days after sex?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 2 months ago.
Hi,A false negative pregnancy test can occur in the initial days. Sometimes the level of pregnancy hormones is low in the initial phase of pregnancy. The false negative test can be seen in the initial 2-3 weeks after conception. If you are getting a negative test result after 30 days of intercourse and having no periods, then you might need a blood pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. if it comes negative then other reasons like hormonal imbalance, polycystic ovaries etc, need to be ruled out by a doctor by a first-hand examination and if need investigations.Hope this information is helpful, do get back if you need more informationRegards
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey, I was talking to you a few days ago with this same question but it seems you left or something. Well I just wanted to tell you that she is now 7 days late and has had pretty bad cramping for the past two days.