Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having pain after urination for almost 4 months…

Customer Question
i have been having pain...
i have been having pain after urination for almost 4 months as i was a very active going to the gym on a regular basis. i think i overworked my abs especially my lower abs as i have had this pain for four months and honestly didnt let it rest when i feel the pain. i remeber the first pain was in the gym on leg press and also i remember doing lots of abs feeling the pain in around the lower abdomen and bladdar. i ahve done urinary tests and are all clean and mri with small hernia that is better, but still pain at lower abdominal especially after URINATION. And this is what bothers me the most. i went to a chiropractor recently looked and said both legs where not even and also pelvic is not even..i know these but what can i do about pain after urination, i am assuming rest is best the chiropractor told me 2 weeks off but pain there for 4 months..pills have definitely not helped and i just want to knoiw would cold ice help too as heat aggrevates it.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
will chiropractor help with the problem after urination and please how does urinating cause the pain, i know when i squueze lower ab i feel tension, is cold therapy good too
8/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have this pain

it sounds like you most likely have strained a muscle in your lower abdomen.

you could have separated your lower abdominal muscles.

ice can help? a heating pad can help relax muscles.

i am not too sure what i should do and my question is it normal to have this pain for so long not resting of course and the pain after urination is it related..what advice would you give me
Please more information