Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Tonsil have spots on them! Was tested for strep rapid test

Customer Question

Tonsil have white spots on them! Was tested for strep rapid test was positive culture was negative did ten day of antibiotics and still have them. I have had this for a month no fever throat not sore just feels like something is caught and have had mucus build up what could this be
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concerns but later you can ask anything you want. If you culture was negative and if you don't have any symptoms, then these white spots are stones in the tonsils. The stones are formed because of collection of debris in the crypts of the tonsil. Start using any over the counter available mouthwash, help you in next one week you can continue that otherwise you should see an ENT specialist and should get your tonsils removed. I reassure you with hundred percent confidence being an ENT specialist myself that there is nothing serious related to your problem. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you received anything less than that, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards