How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5683
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My right foot instep is puffy ( swollen slightly) what could

Customer Question

My right foot instep is puffy ( swollen slightly) what could be causez
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injury 2 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 84 yrs old back / balance problem
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Is it painful to touch?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Waiting for your reply…


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.


Thanks for staying online.

Such swelling in foot instep of only one side, can be related with- Venous insufficiency which is a condition where the valves in the leg veins are unable to pump blood to the heart which causes blood to pool below the defective valves.

It could also be related with lymphatic obstruction which is blockage of the lymph vessels that drain fluid from body tissues and facilitate immune system cell movement through the body.

Now if it would have been any heart ,liver or renal problem leading to swelling ,it will most likely lead to swelling in both foot. So, this could not be related- heart/ kidney/ liver disease.

A thorough clinical examination and tests would be done for precise diagnosis.

Please start with your primary doctor and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards