Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 35 years old and am pregnant with my 6th baby. I havr…

Customer Question
Hi, I am 35...

Hi, I am 35 years old and am pregnant with my 6th baby. I havr fot children already and had one NND. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and am so exhausted I can barely get up all day and all night. This does not feel normal at all and I feel very very unwell. What can I do as here in england they dont do anything until you are 12 weeks pregnant. I dont think I can continue like this. Like I say this is not my first pregnancy and Im aware all pregnancies differ but this doesnt feel right.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should make an appointment to see your GP doctor

are you thinking about terminating this pregnancy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are we ok to type

can you get in to see your GP doctor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but they say its normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do not scan or test until 12 weeks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I physically am unable to do anything. The exhaustion is killing me.

have you had blood tests to check for thyroid hormone levels, iron and ferritin levels?

are you able to improve your diet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can sleep all night- broken about 5-6 times and then wake up and be ready to sleep 1 hr later and will sleep on off for most of the day and then be ready for bed again at 8pm. Its just driving me crazy. Iv never experienced this before and like i say this is my 6th pregnancy

you should be checked for viral infections like mononucleosis viral infection which can cause severe fatigue

you should work on improving your diet and trying to eat healthier.

you should ask for blood test to check your thyroid levels and iron and ferritin levels

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dont get any tests until 12 weeks. My diet is good and my husband makes sure im eating atleast 6 times a day. He will even come home from work to bring me something and make me and children are ok as he can see im not well
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will request them from a&e as cant take this any longer.

yes, you can ask them to test for these issues

try to do some walking during the day if you can, this exercise could help you sleep better at night time.

work on eating more protein and cutting down a bit of carbohydrates and eating more fruits and vegetables.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am only 9 weeks but showing about 15-16 weeks

I see.

what is your height and weight?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
By size of my bumo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5ft5 weight is 60kg
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband jokes and says he thinks there are 2 in there. I look huge. My friend is 3 months pregnant and i look bigger

did you exercise before your pregnancy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still do. I walk for about and hr a day although lately (last 2 weeks) I have zero energy and can only do 30 min strolls to clear my head

I see.

ask for tests for iron, ferritin levels

and blood tests for mononucleosis viral infection which can cause severe fatigue.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com