Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What can be done about dysautonomis? Yes I've seen a

Customer Question
What can be done...

What can be done about dysautonomis?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes I've seen a cardiologist. All I'm taking is high blood pressure medicine.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes both my parents had high blood pressure.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Well yes and I forgot to tell him. I have MVP and it used to cause me a great deal of trouble. My heart would take off racing. So they did a surgery on me where they went through my groin and up to my heart and cauterized something. That problem went away.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Dysautonomia is an umbrella term used to describe several different medical conditions that cause a malfunction of the Autonomic Nervous System

why do you think you have dysautonomia?

Because I have high blood pressure but once in a while (maybe 3 times per week) my blood pressure plummets. Down to like 90/64, although it has gone even much lower than that. And my cardiologist told me I have dysautonomia.

standing up from a seated position can cause your blood pressure to drop