Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] ive had a stye for four days. I saw a doctor…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi ive had...
Second opinion] Hi ive had a stye for four days. I saw a doctor yesterday who gave m 500 mg amoxycilin twice a day. I know its worse in the morning but today its big, and actually moving to the edge of my eyelid - the fluid. Is this the right drug and should I go and get something else / go to hospital?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/3/2017
Doctor: DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor replied 11 months ago
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you

Amoxicillin is a good drug to have in such a condition

It will take about 48 hours or so before you will start noticing an improvement

You should continue with antibiotic and nothing more is required

If you does not feel any better in 48-72 hours on antibiotics then a review from the doctor will be required

Good luck

Feel free to ask if you require any further clarification

If you are satisfied then do leave a POSITIVE RATING (preferably 5 stars) so that I may be credited for my work

Regards

Do you have any more question

If done please leave a POSITIVE RATING so that i may be credited

Regards

Would it be worth upping dose? Am on 500 twice a day.

Yes if you does not get better in another 24hour you can increase it to 500mg three times daily

Do you have any more question

Regards

Do you have any more question

Regards