Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

COULD YOU TELL ME HOW HOT FLASHES LAST?? THEY STARTED FOR ME

Customer Question

HI, COULD YOU TELL ME HOW LONG HOT FLASHES LAST?? THEY STARTED FOR ME AROUND AGE 50. I AM 60 NOW, AND HAD A TOTAL HYSTERECTOMY 4-5 YEARS AGO. I ALSO HAVE ROSACIA, SO I AM NOT SURE WHETHER I AM HAVING ROSACIA OR FLASHES. WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE THEM BETTER? PLEASE HELP!!! HOT AND BOTHERED,
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: YES, SHE DIDN'T REALLY HELP. I AM TAKING VENLAFAXINE, TRIAMTERINE, VALSARTIN, ARMOUR THYROID, DICYCLOMINE, ATORVASTATIN AND VITAMIN, FISH OIL,VITAMIN D., AND CALCIUM.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: WELL, I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MY MOTHER HAD STROKES. I WAS RECENTLY PUT ON THE STATIN DRUG AFTER HAVING THE CALCIUM SCORE DONE.
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: JUST HAD A CHECKUP IN THE LAST MONTH. YES, MY PARENTS HAD IT AND EVERYONE OF MY SIBLINGS AND I HAVE IT.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Studies have found that moderate to severe hot flashes could continue past perimenopause and may last

Other studies have found out that hot flashes last, on average, for about seven years and may go on for 11 years or more.

The complex hormonal changes along with the aging process, and the declining levels of estrogen are thought to be the underlying cause of hot flashes.

Following is recommended for you:

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to get prescription of these hormone replacement therapy & other treatments accordingly.

All this will help you greatly.

• Hormone therapy (HT) or post menopausal hormone therapy (PHT), formerly referred to as hormone replacement therapy (HRT), consists of estrogens alone or a combination of estrogens and progesterone (progestin).
  • External estrogen and progesterone. They can involve pills, creams, gels, patches, or implants
  • Plant estrogens (phytoestrogens, isoflavones.

• Eat healthy & nurtrious.Take nutrious diet containing good amount of iron,calcium,magnesium,multivitamins.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh