Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Does it cost? Pain in middle finger joint, I have had a dead…

Customer Question
Does it cost? Doctor's...

Does it cost?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Pain in middle finger joint

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had a dead bone removed from the other hand and now it seems like it may be hurting the same way in middle finger

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

RA

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/3/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now pain in the middle finger joint can be due to a number of conditions. It is not necessary that is due to a dead finger bone. It is possible that it can be due to arthritis in the area which can cause pain in the joint as well as limited movements. This would be diagnosed on a simple examination and then treated with anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen.
Another cause of this could be tendinitis which is inflammation of the Tendons in the area. Again it would cause pain of this sort. It would be treated with ibuprofen and if necessary steroids.
But if there is history of problems with the bone itself then you should definitely get a xray done and also a bone scan. This will help rule out osteomyelitis which can lead to bone death.
Do you have anymore questions?