Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I shouldn't be doing this on line but I've been having a lot

Customer Question

I shouldn't be doing this on line but I've been having a lot of stupid problems. I'm 52 very healthy, per se, but it a lot of pain ALL the time, especially after exercising (Jazzercise). I've had troubles with toes going numb on top of it and now the bottom side of my tongue feels numb a good part of each day. Sometimes I feel like I'm lisping. My ears ring like crazy though have for years now too. I know I need to go to a doctor, troubles there too because I always have high BP when I go so I don't want to go. But I'm concerned that I could have MS. And have thought so for almost 2 years with my symptoms.
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: June. But I didn't bring the pain stuff up because I don't want pain meds. It was for my thyroid meds to be sure I keep up with them. She said I have hashimotos? Because my immune system is being attacked?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm healthy as a horse other than my thyroid and all this horrible pain I have all over my body, neck, shoulders, hips and now this stupid numbness on the underside of my tounge.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are having symptoms as you have mentioned above and you are concerned you may be suffering from MS (Multiple sclerosis). As a neurologist I very frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Please see the type & pattern of symptoms you have mentioned above are not pointing towards the possibility of ms

MS is expected to present with certain very distinct symptoms like for example loss of vision or severe loss of vision in one eye, facial droop, paralysis of the limbs on one side, severe gait unsteadiness etc since you have not mentioned any such symptoms I assume you never had such symptoms – in that case you do not appear to have ms

While ms can present with numbness, but the pattern of the numbness you are having is not suggestive of ms, for example you get numbness in the toes, or numbness in the bottom of the tongue etc and this is not typical for ms, ms is expected to present numbness over a larger area, for example numbness of the whole leg, or the whole arm or over the face etc but numbness occurring over such restricted areas as in your case is not suspicious for ms

Pain, that too such prominent pain as you are having is not typical for ms

It really does not appear you are suffering from ms based on the type of symptoms you are having and also based on the pattern of the symptoms you are having, so please no to be scared.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

And the lisping you are having also is not suspicious for ms, if you are having ms then you are expected to manifest with prominent speech problems like severe difficulty with speech, severe slurring of the speech etc, and the ringing you have mentioned also is certainly not typical for ms

The type of symptoms and the pattern of the symptoms you are having is certainly not typical for ms.

I meant "loss of vision in one eye or severe blurring of vision in one eye", sorry for the typo above

Hi, once again I can confidently & strongly reassure you ms does not appear the cause for your symptoms you have mentioned above.

Do you have any additional questions? Do you want to discuss this further? Please let me know and I am available here.

Best Regards!