Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had some vaginal issues and was wondering if it was

Customer Question

I have had some vaginal issues and was wondering if it was pregnancy or and infection
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Is this free
JA: The Doctor's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: How much?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 2 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What's your question please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had unprotected sec on the 20th and started spotting on the 21st-25 on my regular period days but I'm usually heavy and this was not at all heavy. Then on the 28th I had unprotected sec again and the 31st and the 1st I spotted again but it was pink. But through all this I have had a bad vaginal smell so I'm wondering if that's what is causing the irregular spotting or If it's pregnancy

Any discharge besides the spotting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It still smells and it normal discharge now I think. But it was spotting pinkish orange two days ago a or two after unprotected sex

OK

From what you've told me this isn't a pregnancy situation

But you may have bacterial vaginosis--a vaginal infection--and that can definitely cause spotting and period irregularities

I'd suggest you see your doctor for an exam and a culture since it sounds like you'll need a course of antibiotics like Flagyl

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok ever sense we started having sex a year ago I been have bacterial infection down there and i have been givin several things to help but can t seem to keep it away. We both have been tested for sexual diseases and we are both clean so Its frustrating to keep having these issues

I understand

But you asked about pregnancy and the BV often messes with periods

Simply put--you aren't pregnant

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you