Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a history of chronic constipation.As of now I am

Customer Question
I have a history...

I have a history of chronic constipation.As of now I am frustrated because I have been experiencing such constipation that nothing I've tried, whether over the counter or prescribed medications have not made any change, nothing moving at all. I have put my fingers inside my rectum to feel if there is anything in there. There are very hard stools or "clumps" ... For the possible causes...I have been on SSRI antidepressants for years and will always have to take them....I take blood pressure, thyroid, meds...I have a script for pain, hydrocodone, but I rarely take them...I have tried Movantik, Mirilax, fiber supplements,and another script that I can't think of right now.Basically, I am at a dead end because nothing works

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I am allergic to Tramadol and codene...here is the list of my meds..Lamictal, Effexor, Seroquel, klonipin, synthroid, cytomel, simvastatin,enalapril...Hydroco/apap, and tizanidine, as needed.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have diabetes that is well controlled by diet at this time.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I understand the situation.

What is the question exactly?

Family Physician, Doctor