Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein,
Experience:  MD at Kid Care Pediatrics
94200738

I have recently been diagnosed with genital warts. i have 7

Customer Question

I have recently been diagnosed with genital warts. i have 7 tiny warts the size of tiny zits and i spoke to my doctor today he thinks once my treatment is finished that the warts will go away and that i wont have the virus for the rest of my life and that others wont be at risk of being infected by me. How can he be certain that i wont have this virus for the rest of my life once the treatment is finished? I'm a male and i'm aware you can only test females for hpv.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Eric Goldstein replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

If the diagnosis was genital warts due to herpes, you will be a carrier for the rest of your life. But the only way to transmit the virus is if you have active lesions. in the absence of active genital lesions, you cannot pass the virus.

If the diagnosis was HPV, then you will be rid off the virus. Even in this case, you can only spread it with active lesions, and, again, in the absence of active lesions, you cannot pass it on.