Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a fingernail drug test that my ex wife is wanting me…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a fingernail drug test that my ex wife is wanting me to submit too. I have been clean for 2 weeks however prior to that I used Methamphetamines 2 to 3 times per week. Is there anything that I can do since I am clean now or am I better off to admit the usage and hope for the best?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Fingernail

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/2/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

your prior methamphetamines will show up in your finger nail testing.

there is nothing that I can do?

no, you can't get the drugs out of your finger nails

you can cut your nails down really really short

they can then ask for hair follicle testing.

you can then shave your head.

but then you look very guilty then