Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My question is this ; my girlfriend has a vaginal bacteria…

Customer Question
Hello , my question...

Hello , my question is this ; my girlfriend has a vaginal bacteria infection . What is it caused by , she is the only one that I've been with for 4 years .

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven't been to a Dr ,but she has . She told me that was the diagnosis

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No , should I be concerned

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
8/2/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Vaginal bacterial infections are not usually STDs.

They are from yeast, or a bacterial called gardnerella, which comes from the overgrowth of bad bacteria, and is easily treated.

It is not an STD.

Of course, you don't know which it is without a swab for the lab.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.